DATE OF LATEST VERSION: January 2024
Scrapoto recognizes the importance of “data” for its business operations; hence it is committed to safeguard the data, maintain privacy, and adapt secure data protection practices to provide Scrapoto’s customers, stakeholders, business partners and employees a secure data processing environment.
It is the policy of Scrapoto to prohibit unauthorized access, disclosure, duplication, modification, diversion, destruction, loss, misuse, or theft of this information. In addition, it is the policy of Scrapoto to protect data belonging to third parties that have been entrusted to Scrapoto in a manner consistent with its sensitivity as well as in accordance with all applicable agreements, regulations, and laws
Nature and Categories of personal data being collected-
Scrapoto may collect the following categories of personal data and sensitive personal data in providing the services:
- Customer personal data collected as part of providing services to them (“Personal data” means data about or relating to a natural person who is directly or indirectly identifiable, having regard to any characteristic, trait, attribute or any other feature of the identity of such natural person, whether online or offline, or any combination of such features with any other information, and shall include any inference drawn from such data for the purpose of profiling). Scrapoto may collect financial data from the user but shall never seek any information relating to password, CVV number, OTP, etc. Apart from financial information, Scrapoto does not collect any sensitive personal information relating to health data, official identifier, sex life, sexual orientation, biometric data, genetic data, transgender status, intersex status, caste or tribe, religious belief or affiliation, etc;
- Website usage and similar data collected via automated means, such as cookies and similar technologies;
- Business contact data when you are one of our business partners, affiliates, or third party service providers.
Modes of collection of data-
Scrapoto collects personal data based on the products and services availed by you. Scrapoto obtains your data:
- When you avail our services and conduct transactions with reference to them;
- When you contact us via one of our channels i.e. SMS, email, call, social media, etc.;
- Via Cookies;
- Via Service Providers or Third-Party Ad-Servers appointed by us;
- Via the device you use to browse our websites;
- Via online content;
- Via data publicly available through public and third-party platforms (such as social media), through online repositories, databases and/or directories, or that is otherwise legitimately obtained.
Scrapoto uses your personal data to provide the services availed by you and to conduct business. Most commonly, Scrapoto will use your personal data for the following:
- Provide and communicate with you about services offered by Scrapoto, financial institutions and partners, affiliates, and third-party service providers who assist Scrapoto in fulfillment of your orders to collect vehicles for scraping from your desired location;
- Process your payment transactions;
- Protect against and prevent fraud and other legal or information security risks;
- Provide connectivity and dispute resolution services as part of our services;
- Provide you with personalized services and recommendations;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business, including anonymization and analytics;
- Serve a legal obligation;
- Serve other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection, and as otherwise authorized or required by law;
- Respond to queries and complaints received from you regarding our services and products;
- Where you have given explicit consent to do so e.g. marketing communications, promotions, etc.
Scrapoto processes data in line with the grounds for processing personal data defined by relevant laws. Personal data may be processed if such processing is necessary for:
- Compliance with the law or any order of any court or tribunal;
- Ensure the safety of, or aid or services to, any individual during any breakdown of public order;
- Purposes related to employment;
- Reasonable purposes.
Change of Purpose:
Scrapoto will only use your data for the purposes for which it was collected unless it is required to be used for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose.
Please note that Scrapoto may process your personal data without knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where it is required or permitted by law.
The rights that are available to you are as follows:
- Right to access and confirmation;
- Right to data portability;
- Right to correction of personal data;
- Right to deletion;
- Right to be forgotten;
- Right to restriction of processing;
- Right to object;
- Right to not be subject to automated individual decision-making including profiling.
In addition to the above-mentioned rights, for personal data processed on the basis of consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent.
You can exercise your rights by submitting a request to Scrapoto at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon receiving the request from you, Scrapoto will conduct a verification check to validate your identity and accordingly process the request.
Where any request made is refused by Scrapoto, you will be provided the reasons in writing for such refusal and have the right to file a complaint under applicable laws.
Personal data sharing and disclosure
Scrapoto does not share the personal data with anyone except as described in this policy Scrapoto may share personal data as required or as permitted by law, such as:
- With supervisory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests;
- With our partners, supervisory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of Scrapoto or others;
- With our partners, affiliates and third-party service providers who perform services for us, collaborate with us and/or help us operate our business;
- With financial institutions or partners, affiliates and third parties with whom we jointly offer or develop products and services.
Regardless of where we process your data, we still protect it in the manner described in this data protection policy and according to the applicable laws.
Links to Other Sites-
Our Platform may provide links to other websites or applications that may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
Scrapoto will only retain your data for as long as necessary as per mandatory retention periods provided by applicable laws, to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
We will destroy the personal data in a secure manner post-retention period as per the organization’s retention policy and schedule
Scrapoto maintains appropriate security safeguards to protect your personal data and only retains it for a limited period. Scrapoto is committed to protecting the personal data it collects. Scrapoto maintains reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data you provide, or we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name
and contact details of our Grievance Officer are provided below:
NAME: VP Kovi
ADDRESS: 73, Hirandahalli Rd, behind Madhava Motors, Virgonagar, Post, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560049
Changes to this Policy
The policy is subject to modification from time to time. If we make any changes to this policy, we will post those changes at the top of this page or notify you by other means such as email, etc.